IZAIR SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT
Safety is one of our core business functions within Izair.
We are committed to developing, implementing, maintaining and constantly improving strategies and processes to ensure that all our aviation activities take place under a balanced allocation of organizational resources, aimed at achieving the highest level of safety performance and meeting national and international standards & requirements, while delivering our services.
All levels of management and all employees are accountable for the delivery of this highest level of safety
performance, starting with the Accountable Manager of Izair.
Our commitment is to:
• Support the management of safety through the provision of all appropriate resources, that will result in an organizational culture that fosters safe practices, encourages effective safety reporting and communication, and actively manages safety with the same attention to results as the attention to the results of the other management systems of the organization;
• Enforce the management of safety as a primary responsibility of all managers and employees;
• Clearly define for all staff, managers and employees alike, their accountabilities and responsibilities for the
delivery of the organization’s safety performance and the performance of our safety management system;
• Establish and operate hazard identification and risk management processes, including a hazard reporting
system, in order to eliminate or mitigate the safety risks of the consequences of hazards resulting from our
operations or activities to a point which is as low as reasonably practicable (ALARP);
• Ensure that no action will be taken against any employee who discloses a safety concern through the
hazard reporting system, unless such disclosure indicates, beyond any reasonable doubt, an illegal act,
gross negligence, or a deliberate or wilful disregard of regulations or procedures;
• Comply with and, wherever possible, exceed, legislative and regulatory requirements and standards;
• Ensure that sufficient skilled and trained human resources are available to implement safety strategies and
• Ensure that all staff are provided with adequate and appropriate aviation safety information and training, are
competent in safety matters, and are allocated only tasks commensurate with their skills;
• Establish and measure our safety performance against realistic safety performance indicators and safety
• Continually improve our safety performance through management processes that ensure that relevant
safety action is taken and is effective; and
• Ensure externally supplied systems and services to support our operations are delivered meeting our safety